This course will discuss the skill deficits of individuals with autism and related conditions in relation to feeding, which identify that the individual will need an oral motor assessment. For those children who then do not have significant oral motor deficits, we will discuss different behavioral techniques to increase range of foods and drinks consumed.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify skill deficits which require oral motor assessment.
- Identify and describe 3 different behavior interventions.
- Identify characteristics of individuals that assist with identifying effective interventions.
- 10 minutes Introduction & Overview
- 30 minutes Oral Motor Deficits
- 30 minutes Behavioral Feeding Techniques
- 40 minutes Behavioral Intervention
- 10 minutes Q&A