One of the most frequently asked questions in oral placement and feeding courses is how to address copious drooling. Understanding the possible challenges which impact a client’s ability to manage their secretions is essential to planning a program.
Talk Tools Instructor and Feeding Expert, Lori Overland, will discuss saliva production, typical drooling, causes for atypical or copious drooling and remediation strategies.
- Describe typical drooling in infants.
- Identify causes of difficulty managing secretions.
- Identify components of an assessment.
- Apply at least 3 remediation techniques.
- 20 mins: What, When, Why — Typical drooling infants
- 30 mins: Atypical drooling: Signs and Symptoms
- 30 mins: Assessment of typical vs. Atypical drooling
- 30 mins: Techniques for drooling remediation
- 10 mins: Q & A
NOTE: there may changes to handouts/resources prior to the start of the workshop -- be sure you have reviewed any versions you may have downloaded to make sure you have the latest version
DISCOUNT CODE: ENR18
Available for 2 weeks after the live broadcast date. Limit 1 use per purchase.
COPYRIGHT AND DISTRIBUTION POLICY
TalkTools® in-person, virtual streaming and/or recorded lectures and any related course materials are copyrighted. TalkTools® also maintains publishing and distribution rights of said content. Materials in any course are only for the use of learners enrolled in this course, for purposes associated with this course, and may not be retained by the learners once the course had ended or expired. Unauthorized retention, duplication, publication, distribution, or modification of copyrighted materials is strictly prohibited and is subject to the Copyright Laws of the United States.