By definition, pediatric feeding disorders can be defined as impaired oral intake that is not age appropriate and is associated with medical, nutritional, feeding skill, and/or psychosocial dysfunction (Goday et al, 2019). Given the possible contributing factors to pediatric feeding disorders, it would be unlikely that one therapy program or technique would be appropriate for every child. We are “bag ladies (and gentlemen!)”…literally and figuratively! This webinar will take a look in our “bags” and explore the range of feeding disorders and a variety of treatment options.
- Participants will be able to define pediatric disorders.
- Participants will be able to list characteristics of feeding challenges that need to be addressed in therapy.
- Participants will be able to list at least four options for feeding therapy.
- 10 minutes A Framework for Assessment
- 10 minutes Etiology of Feeding Disorders as a guide to Treatment
- 5 minutes Building a Team
- 20 minutes Treatment Options
- 45 minutes Ask the Therapist