2020 is a year like no other – our daily lives have been disrupted, included how we work. Many therapists have made the transition to teletherapy and their “new” practices are thriving. Because we continue to be in an ever-evolving world, therapists and families are looking for answers regarding best practices and strategies for tele-sessions. TalkTools Instructors, Heather Vukelich and Vanessa Anderson-Smith, have successfully pivoted to teletherapy – with Heather expanding her client base across her home state, California, and Vanessa opening a second location!
Vanessa and Heather will discuss their top strategies for establishing teletherapy, including technology considerations, privacy issues, then delving into specific techniques for virtual FT (feeding therapy), OMT (orofacial myofunctional therapy) and OPT (oral placement therapy). Participants are encouraged to bring their own teletherapy stories to share with the “class.”
- Participants will be able to create a basic framework for teletherapy.
- Participants will be able to develop a screening for establishing teletherapy with clients.
- Participants will be able to conduct a virtual assessment for: feeding, orofacial myofunctional and oral placement therapy.
- 15 minutes Welcome and Class Conversation
- 15 minutes Teletherapy 101
- 15 minutes Virtual Feeding Therapy Basics
- 15 minutes Virtual Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy Basics
- 15 minutes Virtual Oral Placement Therapy Basics
- 15 minutes Wrap-up/Q&A